Rewiring Electrician Services
Electricians provide an invaluable service, installing, repairing and rewiring homes and commercial premises. In Australia all electrical work has to be carried out by a licensed electrician. Electricians are typically governed by a government, or state, body which evaluates them and issues accreditation. An electrician must also be familiar with current wiring regulations as well as relevant ASZ Wiring rules standards.
From time to time electrical circuits and power points need replacing, which may involve a partial or complete rewiring of your home or premises. This is especially relevant if the building is old, or was poorly wired when initially constructed. Solid brick buildings tend to be costlier to rewire because of the limited access they provide, whilst timber frame structures with floorboards offer more scope.
Follow these tips for a safer home or work environment:
- never touch electrical items or appliances with wet hands
- keep electrical items out of the bathroom unless they are designed to be used there
- keep trees and shrubs clear of electricity pylons
- ensure your home is child friendly
- do not overload power points
unnecessarily with power baords
- only utilise registered and insured electricians for any electrical work in your home or premises